PDA

View Full Version : $$$$$$$$$$

Rebecca
June 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Okay, so the article (http://www.thehousebreakingbible.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1033#post1033) I posted about people spending big money on their dogs got me thinking about the most money I've ever spent on my dogs. I thought it would be interesting to see what you're all spending your doggie dollars on, so I'm ready to confess if you are... who knows... we might even find someone in our midst who's purchased the $23,000 dog bed (http://www.pawprintzpetboutique.com/pet-pavilions-louis-xv.htm)!! :biggrin:

Since I'm kind of an old-school dog person, I don't spend a lot of money on foo-foo dog stuff (even though I LOVE it!). I did, however, buy a couple of $150 massive orthopedic dog beds when I had two big, creaky, aging dogs several years back. And there has been the occasional fancy collar or leash, but I usually don't spend much, since I'm the QUEEN of eBay!!

But the MOST money I've ever spent on a dog was $7000 :ohmy: in veterinary bills when my Great Dane needed surgery a decade or so ago... it took a while to crawl out from under that credit card bill, believe me! The moral of the story... get pet insurance!!

Hey, at least I don't have to spend any money hiring a trainer... ;)

Dana
June 9th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Having super healthy malinois, I'm generally spared the really big vet bills. But when Marco was young he hurt his back chasing a ball and I spent at least $1000 trying to figure out what was wrong. In the end, there never was a definitive diagnosis and I continued to take him to the chiropractor for many years when I was still training and competing with him in dog sports. My chiropractor was great and not overly expensive, but the physical therapist in Orange County was a little pricey :blushing:

When I bought my house in Phoenix, one of the requirements was a pool for Marco. Being a southern California guy, he's just not that fond of the hot weather. The pool is good exercise for his bad back and keeps him happy in the heat of summer. I'm not sure what the price tag is on a used pool, but I guess I did buy one for a dog :blink: