PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone foster a small dog in LA?

Rebecca
July 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Best Friends needs foster homes (and permanent homes, I assume) for some little dogs...

We are going to save small dogs tomorrow at Baldwin Park, fosters needed for one to two weeks until they go on transport. Please contact RobinH@bestfriends.org or 562 760 7295 if you can foster in the LA area. These will be Chihuahuas, terriers, Doxie, Pom size- which all need to get out due to overcrowding.

Dana
July 6th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Awwww... that third one is so sad I might foster him if I were there. (Of course, that would depend on Rebecca letting me use the guest room and keep 4 dogs at her house :laugh:)

Rebecca
July 6th, 2008, 09:13 AM
4 dogs would be just fine... go get 'im!!

Tamara
July 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
aww--they look pitifull! why do they have big rope around their necks??

Rebecca
July 6th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah, poor babies! I assume the thick rope is because they use the same slip lead for all of the dogs in the shelter... they need one that works on Pit Bulls and Poodles. Somehow it looks extra sad around the neck of such a tiny little guy! :crying:

Tamara
July 7th, 2008, 09:05 AM
My husband says NO MORE PETS, but if we had a bigger home and more land I would take another:(

Rebecca
July 7th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I know the feeling... when you see all the adorable, amazing dogs that need homes, it's hard to resist! So many dog people already have a full house, so I'm sure it's harder and harder to find foster and permanent homes for these little guys...