PDA

View Full Version : haha.. more room full of fun stories

spoonie
August 4th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Right after we first got Lola and Squash, we were leaving them in the kitchen during the day while we were at work. They did just fine, until one day I came home and the basement smelled funny. I looked around thinking one of them must have managed to get down there and I missed it. I couldn't find it so I went upstairs, and when I reached the top of the stairs and opened the door, the stench assaulted me.

My two dogs were BOTH covered from head to toe in the worst diarrhea I had ever seen or smelled. (I was a vet tech, I worked with Parvo puppies. I KNOW bad diarrhea intimately.) I don't know if one of them or both of them had it, but they covered the entire floor of my kitchen in 1/4 inch of runny, stinky mess. I have a fairly sensitive stomach when it comes to certain odors, normally poo doesn't bother me too much, but this time it was so bad, I was getting sick to my stomach even as I cleaned up the mess they made. There was nothing I could do but clean up their mess and mine at the same time. :$ And of course, this was my noontime dash to go home and take Lola outside to go. That normally 30 minute trip turned into two and a half hours, since my kitchen, my dogs, and myself needed a bath at the end of it all.

They had managed to get into a bag of cat food the night before, and we figure that's what made them so ill, since they were perfectly fine that evening.

Rebecca
August 4th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Oh, that's a bad one!! :eek: Those are the moments when you entertain ideas of just closing the door like you never saw anything and running off to join the circus or the Peace Corps... anything to avoid having to deal with the wrath of diarrhea doggies!!

spoonie
August 5th, 2008, 05:52 AM
If there had been ANY place in my house I could have gone to without having to smell it, I would have left it for my husband to clean up. :p But, alas there wasn't. lol

Dana
August 5th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Ha ha! I heard of someone who had the same problem, but it was in their car while they were at the dog training club. The dog was loose in the car and when he returned the entire car was covered in diarrhea :eek:

Rebecca
August 5th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Oh, man... that's BAD. Wonder if the car ever fully recovered??

spoonie
August 5th, 2008, 12:32 PM
*gags* Yuck. I'd SO be trading it in. lol

Tamara
August 10th, 2008, 12:25 PM
If there had been ANY place in my house I could have gone to without having to smell it, I would have left it for my husband to clean up. :p But, alas there wasn't. lol

Yes, that sort of thing always happens while my husband is away;)