PDA

View Full Version : For ALL cat lovers:)

Tamara
August 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM
YouTube - Cat Does Dog Tricks

Rebecca
August 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Cute!! :biggrin: I had a cat named Norman back in the day that I taught to sit, shake, give a high five and sit pretty. It was easier than you'd think... he LOVED treats and was willing to do anything to get them!

I was pretty impressed with the roll over in the video! If my cat wasn't such an old lady, I'd be tempted to try it!!

Dana
August 14th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Nice video :) I love seeing cats show off their trainability.

My friend did a great job raising two siamese mix kittens. They went to the basement on command (where they stayed when no one was home), went to their places on command and actually had really good recalls. As they become reliable on recalls she started letting them have outside time and then called them back periodically and gave them really great rewards for that. I'm not sure if she taught them any "tricks", but the recalls were amazing. They would come down from trees and from very far away when she called :thumbup:

I think most people don't expect to be able to train a cat, so they never try. Most of the ones I have messed around with were very easy to train once I found the right treats. I have even suspected that they may learn faster than dogs :ohmy: