PDA

View Full Version : I'm Lisa and I have a crazy mutt who will not be broken!

undermyshoe
January 27th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I have an eight month old mutt who is stubborn as all get-out; I really did not think anything could be more stubborn than I...then I brought home Cash.

He is about 40 lbs, black with a funny beard. He is a German Wire Haired Pointer (mom) and Black Lab/Collie (dad). He's real cute, lanky and full of energy.

I am trying to get him housebroken, we got off to a rough start because he had giardia and was not able to control his potty-ing in the beginning, he was pretty sick when we brought him home.

Now he does well with going #1 outside, however, going #2 outside is just not something he is interested in doing! :confused:

We just brought another dog home, a 3 year old Australian Shepard, Cash's polar opposite, named Bruno. Bruno is totally housebroken, but he has marked over the weekend (just got him Friday night, I am assuming that will stop once they have established their natural order).

So, that is my house full! Just want to get the poo outside!

Rebecca
January 27th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Hi, Lisa!

Sounds like you've got a tough one on your hands, but we can definitely help you to resolve Cash's problems!

Let me get a few details about the problems you're having and what you've done to resolve them so far. How 'bout answering a couple of questions for me...

1. What kind of housebreaking program do you have Cash on (do you have an enclosed yard or take him on walks, where is he kept when you're away from home, what kind of corrections/rewards do you use, etc.)

2. How long have you had him and when was the Giardia resolved? Does he still have diarrhea problems?

3. Does he have accidents in one area of the house or all over the place?

4. Does he ever poo outside or is he doing it inside 100% of the time?

5. Does he ever pee inside?

The more details you can include, the better. I may ask for more info later, but that should be enough to get us started...

Thanks!

Rebecca
January 29th, 2008, 12:31 AM
We're helping Lisa work on her housebreaking problems in her post in the "Ask the Trainers" section (http://thehousebreakingbible.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52).

Check it out to get the full scoop on what's going on with Bruno and Cash!