PDA

View Full Version : About to send her away!!!!

Gytha
July 22nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Please help me.
Gytha is destroying my house.
I work full time and I leave her alone during the day. I'm not as mean as it sounds. I run with her 1 hour every morning before coming to work. A lady walks her for 3 hours at noon. My boyfriend takes her to the park at 5.
Still, 8 month old gytha destroys my house. I always leave her with 2 full frozen kongs, a frozen apple, toys, an open balcony and I come back to find chewed books, lamps turned over, chewed chairs and furniture upside down.
I can't handle it anymore.
There's this trainer who says that in 8 weeks he can change this. He would take her with him and one day a week he would bring her back to me and would train us together so I learn the commands.
Does this sound right to you? Do you think this would work?
I'm about to put that dog to sleep, so help me God.

Gytha
July 22nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
And the crate training didn't work at all because she suffers from anxiety. She 0s willing to hurt herself badly if left in a crate or confined space. The trainer also says he can work with her to train her to stay in my laundry room.

Rebecca
July 26th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Sorry to hear that Glytha is being so destructive... that isn't unusual for young dogs, but surviving it certainly becomes more difficult when you can't confine her while you're away. :(

I think you're on the right track with hiring a trainer. I'd make sure to get some references... most trainers don't mind if you ask to speak to some of their clients who have had similar issues that the trainer has helped to resolve. As with any profession, some trainers are better than others. It's always a good idea to make sure you're hiring someone with a good reputation who's experienced with dealing with the kind of issues you're hoping to resolve with your dog.

Good luck! :)

Gytha
August 27th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for all the answers, Rebecca, you are really helpful all the time.
Gytha has been spayed (neutered? not sure what term for females) and she displayed once again her anxiety about crates. I'll check about professional crate training as soon as I'm finished with the current full time contract I have at work.
On the other hand, she's less destructive (perhaps I fill her with toys every day; perhaps because there are less and less things left to destroy).