PDA

View Full Version : New to the site - about to give up

greekgeek
August 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I am new here - thank you for this site.

I have an 8 month old Shih Tzu/King Charles mix named Chloe. We got her from a local pet store.

We have followed the basic potty training that we've picked up online - when to take her out - keeping play time and potty time separate, watching for signs inside, etc.

Nothing seems to work. Tonight was kind of a breaking point for me. I told her we were going to go outside so she jumped up on the couch while I was putting the leash on her. She went ahead and peed all over the couch. This is one of the few nice pieces of furniture we have.

I have had it. I don't have time for this.

Thanks - I'll look around this site but I think we just made a mistake by getting a dog.

Rebecca
November 12th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Ugh! I feel terrible for not responding to your post sooner... we've had some serious technical issues that resulted in me not being able to access the forum for a couple of months! :blushing: Just found out we're finally back up and running...

I hope you found the help you needed on the site and that things have improved with Chloe... having a puppy is TOUGH, but it's worth all the hard work once you get through the early training and have a great dog!

Hang in there!! :)

greekgeek
December 31st, 2012, 04:37 PM
I am such a jerk. I re-read my opening post and it sounded like I was not being fair to this dog. And, I wasn't.

Well, Chloe is 100% housebroken and is a total joy to our family. She is a perfect dog!

Thanks

Rebecca
December 31st, 2012, 04:55 PM
Being frustrated doesn't make you a jerk, just a human being! Don't worry... nobody understands better than I do how CRAZY a pup can make you when your training isn't going smoothly, so no judgement here!!

SO happy to hear all's going well now... time and consistent training are a magical combination! Keep up the good work!! :thumbup: