Thread: yipes......what sprung a leak? or who??

Default yipes......what sprung a leak? or who??

Hi....It's Miki's Mom. Been over a month and a half since I was last growling. Had her spayed about a week ago; stitches removed this past Tuesday on the 21st. Today ...we've had "three" accidents, one because Mommy didn't hear the bark....but in the hall....not close to potty door.. Once in the bathroom...that I had just cleaned..and Now...at the potty door...unfortunately we were still inside...and I couldn't get down to her fast enough. Ya thinking that her surgery may be creating some incontinence since she's healing.. It'd been three weeks since we had the ooops....and I know everything was thrown out of whack with us having to carry her down the stairs rather than her going down herself. Please pass the patience pills. I don't think we are completely starting over...but "S I G H" I was so hoping we were getting a lot closer to this potty training stuff.
    Thanks for any help. I'm calling the vet tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Eeek! Three in one day! Time to crack down on Miss Miki!

Definitely talk to the vet, since this kind of thing can happen post-spay, either due to a physical problem or due to the changes in routine during her recovery.

On the training end, I'd do umbilical cord training with her for a few days to prevent her from having any accidents (or at least be able to catch her if she tries). A few accidents won't ruin your housebreaking program... it's only an issue if it becomes a habit.

Just go back to the housebreaking basics with her and she'll be back on track soon.

Let us know how it goes!!
    Rebecca
    Please help us to continue to provide this free source of housebreaking information by bookmarking our products page
    and buying your pet supplies through our product partners!

Default okay...we seem to be back on track

Talked with vet and a sample to be checked....a little infection going on....not enough to constitute medication..which I am glad about.....Had a very good day....lots of "Hellooooooooooooooo" gotta potty....and not even an accident after a ride or to visit with friends.... May have been an "ugly" day....but things seem a lot better. Miki is crossing her paws...and Mommy is ever watchful for even a hint... Thanks as always for the Rah...Rah....you can do it !

Yay!! Glad to hear she's doing better!
    Rebecca
    Please help us to continue to provide this free source of housebreaking information by bookmarking our products page
    and buying your pet supplies through our product partners!